Chief Medical Officer – New Zealand Blood Service
New Zealand Blood Service (NZBS) was established in 1998 to provide a national vein to vein service in transfusion, blood collection, accreditation testing of blood donations and the processing and manufacturing of blood, tissue and blood products. Responsibilities also include the provision of hospital blood banking services, specialist clinical transfusion advisory services and the national red cell reference and tissue typing laboratories.
These services help to ensure that the health needs of the New Zealand people are supported by the availability of safe and appropriate blood and tissue products and services.
Based in Auckland New Zealand, and reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the Chief Medical Officer is responsible for providing clinical leadership and clinical laboratory oversight for the NZBS.
- Deliver exemplary strategic and operational leadership;
- Manage and lead the Clinical Services team and provide oversight of regulatory and incident management;
- Lead and manage Clinical Governance and Medical Standards; and
- Ensure compliance and practice is in line with Legislative Requirements, Policies, Health & Safety and Quality standards.
- Qualified medical practitioner with a current NZ practising certificate or eligible to acquire one;
- Broad knowledge of transfusion medicine;
- Demonstrated strategic, clinical and educational leadership; and
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills and a focus on continuous improvement.
Applications and cover letter to be submitted in strictest confidence via email to email@example.com quoting “NZBS – CMO” in subject line by 13 July 2018.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Varigos or Jennifer Yap on +61 (0)3 9661 8000.
For information about the New Zealand Blood Service, please see their website.Apply Now View Other Career Opportunities