This is an exciting opportunity for candidates to join a predominately non-for-profit organisation with a commercial flavour in a company secretarial role specialising in advising on compliance, governance and company secretarial matters.
This role will be vital in supporting the Board of Directors in their effective governance and decision making. This is an Executive position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key accountabilities include:
• Drafting Board and Committee papers
• Oversee the development and maintenance of compliance and policy framework
• Advise on compliance and governance matters
• Liaise with executive management to ensure action items rising from Executive Committee meetings are addressed within nominated timeframes
• Formal qualifications in either law. Commerce or other relevant discipline is preferred
• Studying towards, or the completion of, the Governance Institutes’ Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance would be highly desirable
• Experience within a Government agency, including exposure to Freedom of Information requests and protected disclosure matters, is preferred
• Experience operating or maintaining Board portals is preferred
• Advanced communication and influencing skills with proven ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships
• Demonstrated experience with interpretation of constituent documentation such as governing legislation and charters
Applications in strictest confidence should be forwarded to Nicholas Varigos at email@example.com
Applications Close 2 November 2018.